At a Glance:
- the penthouse covers the entire top floor of the Hotel
- sleeps 4 (can be booked for 2 with Monte only)
- original timber floors throughout
- Monte Bedroom: king-sized bed with views of the Village
- Carlo Bedroom: king-sized bed with river and farmland views
- complimentary WiFi
- huge private verandah with dining & lounges
- remarkable views of Morpeth, the Hunter River & Barrington Tops from all rooms
- Scottish bed linens & pillow-top mattresses
- ensuite with both rain and slide shower heads and a deep bath
- well equipped kitchenette and bar
- quality china, cutlery, glassware & wine glasses
- indoor and outdoor dining living
Michael - December 2020
We absolutely loved our stay at the William Arnott Hotel. The location, rich history, and friendly owners far exceeded our expectations.
Lyndsay - October 2020
We love this hotel! A beautiful historic property with exceptional renovations. Allie and Steven were exceptionally welcoming and friendly. The hotel is stunning - a wonderful mix of history and modern features. The renovated bathroom is beautiful , beds incredibly comfortable and the balcony was a fantastic place to spend time unwinding. Would 100% recommend staying at the William Arnott Hotel.
It's in the Detail:
Monte Carlo Penthouse is a beautiful and spacious (110m2) master suite. Built in the late Victorian era, it has all the sumptuous and ornate features of the period. The space was the former dining rooms of the award-winning Arnott's Bakehouse restaurant and will now return to its former glory, as a residence.
Monte Carlo is perfect for the bride & groom, wedding parties, small families, couples and corporate travellers requiring meeting space. It can also be hired as a unique space for any event.
Breathtaking views of colonial Morpeth and the Hunter River, it won't disappoint. The rooms are spacious, with original patterned, high ceilings, giving a sense of space and comfort. Modern additions such as air conditioning units have been added with minimal disturbance to the original, building fabric.
Two king size bedrooms, sumptuous pillow-top mattresses, premium quality pillows, Scottish linens and fluffy towels guarantee a comfortable and cosy nights sleep. Walk-in shower, a deep bath all with views stretching right out to the Barrington Tops - even the bathroom is worth bragging about.
A large combined living space and kitchenette/bar will satisfy your in-room dining needs. And the icing on the cake? The 4 x 8 metre iron-laced verandah stretching out to the main street of Morpeth. Watch below the passers by, while you sip coffee lounging around on the sunbeds or enjoy an evening glass of wine as the sun sets over the picturesque village.
At your time of booking, let us know if you need flowers, cheese platters, champagne or any other catering needs. We'd be happy to help.